5179d313e4b0743cbe9b2ace.jpeg

The Aeromarine Plane and Motor Company was an early American aircraft manufacturer founded by Inglis M. Upperçu which operated from 1914 to 1930. From 1928 to 1930 it was known as the Aeromarine-Klemm Corporation.

The beginnings of the company dated to 1908, when Uppercu began to finance aeronautical experiments by a small firm at KeyportNew Jersey. In 1914, Aeromarine itself was founded at Keyport with Uppercu as president.[1] Aeromarine built mostly military seaplanes andflying boats, the most significant of which were the models 39 and 40. The company broke new ground in aviation by offering some of the first regularly scheduled flights. Aviation promoter Harry Bruno worked with Aeromarine to commercialize the transportation potential of airflight.

Aeromarine float plane

Aeromarine float plane

In 1928, the firm renamed itself Aeromarine-Klemm Corporation and began producing mostly Klemm aircraft designs, until the Great Depression forced its closure in 1930.[2]

The firm also built aero engines. After Aeromarine itself went out of business, the production of Aeromarine engines was continued by the Uppercu-Burnelli Corporation.[3]

5179d2bae4b0daa5f516db26.jpeg
5179d2aae4b0daa5f516dadd.jpeg
5179d302e4b0daa5f516dd5b.jpeg
5179d2cce4b0743cbe9b2a1a.jpeg
5179e289e4b0743cbe9b56a5.jpeg
Walling Field

Walling Field

5179d323e4b08d2412de0a83.jpeg
Museum Display

Museum Display

Museum Display

Museum Display

Plane Display

Plane Display

Wing Display

Wing Display

Aeromarine Plane & Motor Co. of Factory From Landing Field, Keyport, N. J. b&w.JPG
Aeromarine Plane and Motor Co. Final Assembly, Keyport, N. J. sepia.JPG
Aeromarine Plane and Motor Co. Entrance to Factory, Keyport, N. J. sepia.JPG
Balboa Flying Boat

Balboa Flying Boat